Welham lake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welham lake

Advice and chat on welham lake malton.With weekly updates from the owner to include working methods and catch reports For booking please call Gary on 07817175516

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden rules of fish handling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ollie.d

ollie.d

Golden rules of fish handling Empty
PostSubject: Golden rules of fish handling   Golden rules of fish handling EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Just a few tips on fish handling

Always use a large, padded un-hooking mat
Always have the unhooking mat under the fish when taking a photo
Have a bucket of water next to your mat and always keep the fish nice and wet
Never stand up when taking the photo!
Return the fish to the lake in your sling! Don't carry the fish in your hands back to the lake.

Tips for weighing fish!
Keep your weigh sling and scales near your unhooking mat

When a fish is landed secure the net while you cover weigh sling and unhooking mat with water (especially important in hot weather) zero your scales to a wet weigh sling. This also gives the fish a chance to recover while you get sorted.

Get the net and break it down, so you have both arms together roll the net down a bit and lift the net ensuring the fish's fins are not caught in the net and pointing backwards towards the tail before lifting out of the water.

Carry over to the mat and place onto the middle. Un roll the net and Un hook the fish checking for any mouth damage and applying clinick where necessary.

Place your sling just under it's belly and roll the carp over into the sling and again before lifting make sure the fins are still tucked into it's body, weigh fish and photo if required.

Transfer the fish to the lake via the weigh sling...job done!
Back to top Go down
Jamie1988

Jamie1988

PostSubject: Advice/Help   Golden rules of fish handling EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi, i'm fairly usless when it comes to making rigs, so i was wondering, if anyone knew the best place to buy them ready made, or if anyone on here is willing to make me a varity of rigs, and i will pay for the parts, as i am hoping to book pegs 6&7 at the end of next month.

cheers
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

PostSubject: Re: Golden rules of fish handling   Golden rules of fish handling EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:42 am

The Korda pre tied are ok.thats what I used when I started.Have a go at making your own.A basic rig is easy to do and plenty of vids online to show you how
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden rules of fish handling   Golden rules of fish handling Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden rules of fish handling
Page 1 of 1